Google+

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunidhi Chauhan and K.K. in London for Wembley concert



sunidhi chauhan
Playback singers Sunidhi Chauhan and K.K. were in London this weekend for a concert at Wembley arena.

The singers met with press before the performance to discuss their careers and their experience of performing for a British Asian audience.

"We were just passing by Southall and I'm thinking 'are we in India?'" said Chauhan. "The audiences in the UK are the same as the audiences in India. The only difference is they are here."

"We love to perform here. It feels like home away from home," said K.K. "We are stage performers and other than singing in the studios we love to sing on stage and both go hand in hand unless you have the songs in the studios you never get to perform live on stage."

When asked whether she might consider acting instead of singing, Chauhan said: "How can this happen? God gave me such a big gift. As an actor I wouldn't be able to sing, but as a singer I can act.

"Ninety percent of the time, God is great that he blessed us with the voice, but most of the time it involves acting. And if God has given a good face and personality... these things are a bonus, but first love and first priority and first everything is music for me."

The 'Sheila Ki Jawani' singer told Digital Spy that she is satisfied with how her career has progressed.

"I'm happy and I thank God for the life he has given me, but I'm not content. You are never satisfied because you want to grow as a musician. You want to sing not a number of songs but quality of songs.

"I want to keep singing because it makes me feel alive when I sing and I am just about that and I don't think that I can ever stop."

No comments: